We’re looking for people to join our Customer Service team who absolutely enjoy interacting with and helping customers.
Launched in 2018, Rostella is a ground-breaking Cardiff based provider of car insurance services. We’re a data-driven, agile company where everyone is expected to come up with ideas – and help implement them – to improve what we do, how we do it to create and maintain an industry-leading customer experience. All in an exciting, fast-paced, adapt and learn environment.
Rostella provides these services to its sister company Hedgehog which is on track to have over 50,000 insurance policyholders within the first two years of trading – then the sky’s the limit!
This is a rare opportunity to experience working in a growing company at the start of an exciting journey. We’re looking for people who have a genuine passion for helping customers and enjoy getting things done. We are a customer service centre, not a sales-based call centre. The difference is, we help customers with their questions and we don’t sell insurance over the phone. There are two main aims for everyone in the Customer Service team:
1) Help customers with their questions and queries.
2) Continually improve what we do and how we do it to enhance the customer experience.
This role will allow you to play a significant part in helping us to shape the business moving forward and the team’s performance to meet the needs of our business and customers. The right person will also be committed to helping us achieve our goals and live the culture and values of the business.
What you need to do
• Interact with customers via online chat (primarily), email and outbound telephone calls.
• Manage customer expectations whilst taking responsibility to ensure outstanding actions are completed as promised.
• Manage customer policies – making changes to policies and payment terms.
• Handle customers who are not happy with the aim of preventing it escalating to a complaint.
• Provide your feedback to the company to help improve what and how we do it.
• Learn and understand our products, systems and customer processes.
• Understand and comply with company standards, procedures and relevant legal/regulatory requirements.
• You enjoy interacting and helping customers (Essential).
• Calm and considered when faced with a problem.
• You can be empathetic, patient and understanding to what a person is saying.
• You think about the bigger picture when helping customers and you provide information which otherwise would have resulted in the need for the customer to get back in touch.
• You can explain complicated points to a person, in various ways, until they are happy that they understand.
• As the company grows and evolves you will need to be adaptable and excited by changes to how we work.
• You will need strong attention to detail and accuracy in your work.
• Whilst you don’t need to be a mathematician, you need to be comfortable working with numbers as we regularly discuss premiums and other costs with customers.
• You’re always seeking feedback and want to continually improve as grown professionally and as a person.
• As online chat is our main way to communicate with customers, you’ll need to be comfortable typing at a fair pace regularly.
• We’re an online based company and we need people who are very familiar with web use, emails/online chat, using a computer and packages such as Microsoft Office.
Experience to suit this role
• A minimum of 1 year working in a customer service role (Essential)
• Experience of using online chat to communicate with customers (Preferable)
• Experience of writing to customers via email and letter (Preferable)
• Experience of working within the insurance industry, ideally car insurance (Advantageous)
• Experience working within a regulated environment (Advantageous)
• A minimum of 5 GCSEs including English Language and Mathematics
• £17,500 – £20,000 salary (dependent upon experience)
• A generous 25 days holiday allocation plus bank holidays
• A great central Cardiff working location
• £6.50 all day car parking in Cardiff centre option
• Free breakfast to kick-start your week every Monday morning
• Discounted food and drink at a local outlet
• All you can drink tea and coffee
• Enrolment into a NEST pension