Our Claims department is rapidly growing and we’re looking for highly motivated claims handlers with specific experience of managing credit-hire claims.
Launched in 2018, Rostella is based in the heart of Cardiff and is a provider of car insurance services. This means we provide a range of functions including customer service, claims handling, underwriting, pricing and other car insurance related functions. We’re a data-driven, agile company where everyone is expected to come up with ideas and help implement them to continually improve what we do and how we do it. Our aim is to create and maintain an industry-leading customer experience. All in an exciting, fast-paced, adapt and lean environment. Rostella provides these services to its sister company Hedgehog. Hedgehog is a car insurance company which is on track to have over 50,000 insurance policyholders within the first two years of trading, then the sky’s the limit!
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced credit-hire handler to join us and directly influence our customer experience in Claims. You will manage a case load of MOJ portal claims and deal directly with policyholders to resolve their claim, as well as liaising with stakeholders from across all areas of the business including customer service and underwriting. As a specialist in credit-hire claims, you will have a responsibility to support and coach more junior members of the team and continuously drive improvement in the service we deliver.
What you need to do
- Assess indemnity, liability and quantum on motor claims, predominantly for credit-hire but also including bodily injury and property damage.
- Negotiate settlement of claims
- Be able to persuade claimants to accept our offer to intervene and deal with damage, hire and/or claims for credit-hire
- Be conversant with the business’ compliance procedures and risks to ensure compliance with all regulatory and legislative requirements
- Support the Claims Team Leader with day to day departmental activity
- Ensure quality, service standards and productivity levels are maintained to a high standard and in line with Company expectations
- Contribute positively to team meetings and “one to one” performance and development discussions
- Display awareness of identifying potential fraud using knowledge of fraud indicators, SIRA or other available tools
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a motor claims environment handling credit-hire claims
- Working knowledge of the current market trends, case law and tools required to challenge any third-party claim
- Strong communicator with an ability to build relationships with customers, third parties and Hedgehog suppliers
- Strong organisational skills and proven ability to multi-task
- Ability to interpret data to identify trends to inform action
- Experience of handling bodily injury (desirable)
- Experience of handling Scottish claims (desirable)
- A team player who thrives on working together too achieve shared goals
- Minimum 5 GCSEs including Maths and English (C grade or above)
- Salary £24,000 – £29,000 dependant on experience
- A generous 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Enrolment into a NEST pension
- A great central Cardiff office location
- Discounted all-day NCP parking rate of £6.50 per day
- All you can drink tea and coffee
- Free Monday breakfast to kick start your week
- Discounted food and drink at a local outlet
We’re committed to the continuous professional development of all our employees. We will ensure you have excellent training and support to help you perform in your role from day 1. If you’re looking for a new opportunity where you have real input into the growth and reputation of the business whilst building a long-term career, then this is an opportunity you cannot miss.