This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Complaints Manager/Team Leader to join us and directly influence our customer experience and drive continuous improvement.
Complaints Team Leader
Launched in 2018, Rostella is based in the heart of Cardiff and is a provider of car insurance services to its sister company Hedgehog. We offer a range of services including customer service, claims handling, underwriting, pricing and specialist roles such a customer experience design.
We’re an online, data-driven, agile company which allows us to learn and implement new idea very quickly and to great effect. Our culture is simple, everyone is encouraged and empowered to look at what we do and think “is there a better way to do this”. New ideas are supported from recommendation through to testing then implementation. People are encouraged to work closely together across the business and we actively discourage departmentalism.
Our aim is to create and maintain an industry-leading customer experience by making the buying and managing of car insurance intuitively simple and convenient and we do this all in an exciting, fast-paced, adapt and lean environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Complaints Team Leader to join us and directly influence our customer experience and drive continuous improvement.
We’re looking for a person who is motivated by the concept of learning from complaints and the investigation and analysis that sits behind it. This role provides significant insight into our customers’ experience and journey with the brand.
As a result, you will have a powerful position from which you will recommend changes to promote a reduction in complaints and ensure customers are treated fairly. You’ll get to see exactly what our customers are not happy about and be empowered to be the voice of the customer back to the business.
This role is responsible for ensuring all complaints are recorded, managed to resolution by the relevant person, analysed and acted on to improve the customer experience, the fairness of the resolution and operational efficiency.
You will have a responsibility to empower and coach all customer facing staff to handle customer dissatisfaction directly, therefore reducing the need for a formal escalation. Whilst the day to day will not involve you handling informal complaints, you will be responsible for directly resolving any formal/complex complaints.
Is this the right career challenge for you?
We’re looking for someone who prides themselves on being an ambassador for fairness, rational thinking and impartiality when you consider ‘what is the right thing to do in this situation’. You will be comfortable managing your own workload and you will thrive on the responsibility of overseeing the complaints function – end to end.
You will enjoy picking apart a complaint and analysing why the person needed to complain, how it could’ve been prevented and most importantly, what do we need to do next to prevent it from happening again.
You will have the confidence and manner to coach and support other members of the wider business to resolve customer issues/informal complaints so that they do not escalate or become formal complaints. Through your delivery of support and coaching, you can remove the stigma of complaints and create a sense of ownership across the business to help resolve the customers issue.
We look for people to join us who continually challenge themselves to raise the bar of their work performance and hold each other to the same high standards. You will have a natural hunger to research and read about customer experience methodologies and complaint handling techniques to learn and understand and share ‘better and new ways to do things’.
What you need to do:
• Ensure all complaints are identified, logged, investigated and resolved fairly.
• Collate and produce complaint executive summaries, including recommendations and trend analysis.
• Support our commitment to, and evidencing of, TCF through determining and agreeing in-house standards
• Ensure all details of the handling and resolution of the complaints are recorded.
• Review and analyse the root cause of complaints, identifying relevant actions and working with key stakeholders to reduce complaint volumes.
• Create strong working relationships with both the direct customer experience team and key members of the wider business.
• Use feedback mechanisms, provide regular reporting on human error complaints and ensure feedback is delivered to individuals.
• Provide monthly and ad-hoc reports, commentary and recommendations based on the complaint and quality data.
• Coordinating Financial Ombudsman Service file requests and using this insight to drive improvements.
• Maintaining an up to date knowledge of FOS best practice and ensuring processes are aligned.
• Minimum of 1 year working as a complaints manager/team leader and directly managing and resolving complaints.
• Previously worked in an insurance or FCA regulated sector (preferably car insurance)
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• A strong understanding of Root Cause Analysis and its application to identify the true starting point/reason.
• Experience of working on projects that deliver an improved customer experience or business efficiency.
• Able to quickly get to grips with business operations, processes and be driven to keep learning and improving.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
• A team player who thrives on working together to achieve shared goals.
• Excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office
• Salary £25,000 – £30,000 dependent upon experience.
• A generous 25 days holiday allocation plus bank holidays.
• Enrolment into a NEST pension.
• A great central Cardiff working location.
• Discounted all-day NCP parking rate of £6.50 per day.
• All you can drink tea and coffee.
• Free breakfast (with a choice of items) every Monday morning to kick-start your week.
• Discounted food and drink at a local outlet
We’re committed to the continuous professional development of all our employees. We will ensure you have excellent training and support to help you perform in your role from day 1. If you are looking for a new opportunity where you have real input into the growth and reputation of the business whilst building a long-term career, then this is an opportunity you cannot miss.