This is a rare opportunity to experience working in a growing company at the start of an exciting journey. We’re looking for someone with excellent customer service skills who’s self-motivated and able to manage their own workload effectively.
This role will allow you to play a significant part in helping us to shape the Claims journey and enable the team to meet the needs of our business and customers.
The right person will also be committed to helping us achieve our goals and live the culture and values of the business.
Main responsibilities include:
- Processing recovery payments and cheques and collaborating with our Accounts team to ensure all claims recoveries have been reconciled efficiently.
- Ensuring all payments for various claims such as salvage agents, solicitors fees etc are processed, validated and recorded
- Allocating of post and related tasks to the relevant Claims Handler
- Managing post for the department
- Completing applications and filling Compensation Recovery certificates
- Providing your feedback to the company to help improve what and how we do it.
- Learn and understand our products, systems and customer processes.
- Understand and comply with company standards, procedures and relevant legal/regulatory requirements.
The personal skills and values we are looking for:
- You enjoy interacting with and helping customers (Essential).
- Calm and considered when faced with a problem.
- Highly organised.
- You can be empathetic, patient and understanding to what a person is saying.
- You think about the bigger picture when helping customers and you provide information which otherwise would have resulted in the need for the customer to get back in touch.
- You can explain complicated points to a person, in various ways, until they are happy that they understand.
- As the company grows and evolves you will need to be adaptable and excited by changes to how we work.
- You will need strong attention to detail and accuracy in your work.
- Whilst you don’t need to be a mathematician, you need to be comfortable working with numbers as we regularly discuss premiums and other costs with customers.
- You’re always seeking feedback and want to continually improve as grown professionally and as a person.
- We’re an online based company and we need people who are very familiar with web use, emails/online chat, using a computer and packages such as Microsoft Office.
Experience to suit this role
- A minimum of 1 year working in a claims-related role (Essential)
- Experience of working within the insurance industry, ideally car insurance (Advantageous)
- Experience working within a regulated environment (Advantageous)
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs including English Language and Mathematics
- A generous 25 days’ holiday allocation plus bank holidays
- A great central Cardiff working location
- £6.50 all day car parking in Cardiff centre option
- Free breakfast to kick-start your week every Monday morning
- Discounted food and drink at a local outlet
- Enrolment into a NEST pension